Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Does anyone know when the water will be shut off for the winter at the trailheads? I’m hoping to hike Ottawa to Garnett this weekend and I know a hard freeze is forecast for Saturday night. I don’t want to be caught out without a water source.
      Thanks!

Ron
      Participant

I found this on the Department of Wildlife and Parks website: “Currently, all restroom facilities are open and water is available at all rest areas except Carlyle. We will begin to winterize and close our facilities on October 31, 2013. Richmond will be the first facility shut down for winterizing and maintenance. The rest room will be closed on Oct 31, and the water to the outside fountain will be shut off on November 4. We will then shut water off at all other facilities and begin closing other restrooms for the winter through the first two weeks of November. We will close Princeton and Carlyle last, as they are the busiest restrooms. Restrooms in the Depot in Garnett and at the Depot Museum in Ottawa will remain open through the winter.”

Hope it helps. Have a good trip on the Trail.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks!I emailed KDWP and Trent McCown,the PST manager, told me that they’re not closing down the water at Richmond till this Monday the 9th, so I’ll be hitting the trail to hike tomorrow morning.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.