- my_bicycle_saved_me, 2013-01-05 04:56:55
- Any of the hard-bitten PST fans on here planning to do (or already done) any one-day out-and-back PST centuries or a 2-day Ottawa-Iola-Ottawa or Iola-Ottawa-Iola tour this winter? (Mr. K, I’m looking at you!)
I have a habit of drinking lots of water when I ride, even (although less) when it’s cold out, so the fact that the trail’s halfway-point Garnett station remains open with water, for refilling, is an encouragement to me to get out there.
I can see myself shooting for a one-day Ottawa-Iola-Ottawa ride sometime in the next few weeks 🙂
Looking forward to warmer weather, though, and the full reopening of the trail.
- kretzmeier, 2013-01-05 21:35:08
- Not me. Unfortunately, I am not able to handle even the mildest of cold weather. 95 degrees I can handle, but anywhere below 60 degrees and I’m in trouble. October was my last ride. My public accounting occupation keeps me away until towards the end of April. It then takes me about 3 weeks to bring myself up to distance riding, so it is mid-May before I am enjoying the full length of the PSRT.
- Timon of Athens, 2013-01-09 08:27:27
- I would love to do this but my biking wardrobe does not yet include anything for temps under 40 degrees. I know that this is something that I need to fix because I sure get tired of the trainer in my garage during the winter months. Let’s just say that the scenery isn’t up to par. I hope that Randy might see this since I know that he tears it up during the winter and actually looks forward to putting the snowtires on his bike.
Have a good ride if you pull it off!
- Timon of Athens, 2013-01-09 08:57:56
- I will add that there is a group of us plotting a PST century around mid-March. I will post here as we get closer to that time. Steve. if you read this, are you still in?
- alexander55, 2013-01-11 01:10:59
- I may be looking at it in early March…perhaps earlier, but I doubt it. Depends on how fast I recover from surgery I had this week. Best wishes with your ride.
- my_bicycle_saved_me, 2013-01-23 17:58:28
- Timon, how fast (roughly) do you foresee your group doing the PST century in mid-March? Depending on the speed, if I can hang with you guys I’d be interested to join if you’d accept a new guy along. If not, I understand.
- Timon of Athens, 2013-01-24 09:23:05
- We usually toddle along between 11-13 mph. As you can see, we don’t push it .
That aside, my Boy Scout training puts me firmly in the “No biker left behind” school of cycling together.
If we get our act together, you are more than welcome to come along. I’m going to have to start jumping on the trainer in the garage to get ready.
- my_bicycle_saved_me, 2013-01-24 17:55:37
- That sounds like a fun ride Timon. So if you are indeed cool with me joining, I’ll ride with you guys. Will look forward to hearing more!
Note: This is an archived copy of an old forum thread, maintained for posterity. For the latest discussions, check out our new forums!