- M P Oliver, 2011-04-10 08:02:32
- April 8th – Cloudy and foggy to start – tried to go with the wind and avoid rain. Soggy towards the north, drier condidtions farther south. Tornado watch cut the ride short. Did not run into anyone else the whole day until geting back to Garnett – a couple going out to ride maybe to Scipio Road if the westher held out. Saw a snake that I could not identify. Good day, trail in good shape – no major washouts or problems. Other than visibility north of Welda where pastures was buring on both sides of the trail. 40+ miles.
- Timon of Athens, 2011-04-14 07:11:30
- Sounds like a good day to me.
How is the flora at this point? I imagine that there are a lot of colors on the trail right now.
I am hoping to get a couple of good rides in in the next week or so, if it will stop raining on my days off.
- M P Oliver, 2011-04-14 09:32:17
- Everything was just starting to come out color wise, more so the farther south. White plum blossoms and of course the red bud trees in bloom. Starting to green up on the pastures as well with the occasional purple/blue across the fields that had not been tilled as of yet. It ought to be really getting with it this weekend, but like you – I would like for it to rain on Mondays or Tuesdays and then dry out for the weekends. I will place an order for that with Don Harmon on channel 4. We’ll see what he can do? (Not)
Note: This is an archived copy of an old forum thread, maintained for posterity. For the latest discussions, check out our new forums!