- Timon of Athens, 2011-07-08 15:34:55
- Just posting this hoping that it is seen by cbartel, the rider with the 8 hour time for an out and back on the PST.
Let us know about your ride. What are your secrets? How can mere mortals achieve such a time.
- cbartel, 2011-07-21 13:44:01
- hey Timon,
Try to stop and eat about once per hour to keep your energy levels high. There is a good gas station just south of garnett. That is a perfect place to stop and restock on beef jerky, mt dew and other surgary stuff. Gerald was my wing man. There was a strong south wind that day so we rotated about once per mile to avoid fatigue. There are a lot of places to stop and get water. I tried to drink about one water bottle per hour. Staying hydrated will help you fight off the cramps.
We hope to better the time this fall. We are waiting for cooler temps…
- JD_Shawnee, 2011-08-10 10:54:31
- I don’t see many riders ‘drafting’ on rail-trails. But I have seen them doing it on club-organized rides a while back.
As I recall, several of the 20-mph riders there could finish a paved century in 6-hr or so. Also, I remember an occasional peloton cruising along at 15-plus-mph between SAG stops.
Suppose these guys get a good workout on a rail-trail? Less traffic for sure, and maybe more fun. 🙂
Note: This is an archived copy of an old forum thread, maintained for posterity. For the latest discussions, check out our new forums!
Leave a Reply