- my_bicycle_saved_me, 2013-09-13 14:55:50
- So has anyone here done a PS-120 yet? Ottawa-Humboldt-Ottawa or vice versa? If so, please share 🙂
I’ve not, but a friend and I are planning to do one in the next roughly 5ish weeks. It would be Ottawa-Humboldt-Ottawa.
Last year (when the trail was still 50 miles long i.e. formally ended in Iola) I did my one and only full end-to-end ride of the trail at about this same time – early October. I found it tough, but I also determined to do it again this year. The plan is to do the extended end-to-end route this year.
As a side note, when do the trailheads typically close? Is it usually around November 1, or is it a little later than that? For this ride, that’ll be a factor for us. We’d like, ideally, to execute the ride before the trailheads close for the winter.
- Timon of Athens, 2013-09-15 06:49:55
- Let me know if you want your rides added to the speed page. We would just need a link to a site like Garmin or Strava that confirms your rides.
They have been closing the trailheads a little later recently. I think they are just trying to get them closed before the first hard freeze. This used to be about mid-October. Now, your guess is as good as mine.
- JD_Shawnee, 2013-09-24 19:34:30
- With the shorter daylight hours coming on, your tour could take two days. I’ve thought about it, but haven’t worked up the gumption for it yet.
I have done a one-day 102-miles, once. It was a fairly long day because of the afternoon heat. But the late-season cooler weather could change that situation. Don’t know about 120-m in one day. Will have to think about that one more. 🙂 Good luck.
- kretzmeier, 2013-10-02 19:41:12
- The closest thing to a 120 I will ever get will be in providing ground support. If anyone endeavors that 120 mile challenge and needs support on the south end, let me know, I will do what I can to help.
Note: This is an archived copy of an old forum thread, maintained for posterity. For the latest discussions, check out our new forums!
Leave a Reply