- my_bicycle_saved_me, 2013-01-28 17:33:47
- Once again Timon, please forgive the tangential topic, and if need be, please feel free to delete it.
Just thought I’d throw the Q out there as to if any regular visitors to the site are riding RAGBRAI this year. I am; it’ll be my first RAGBRAI and I am super excited.
If anyone’s riding and interested to meet up once there or prior to, that’d be cool.
- rebelLT, 2013-01-28 20:15:05
- Not this year. Thinking about BAK, though I dont really have a decent road bike. I could take my tourig bike, though that seems kinda counter productive to stoke that beast and have someone carry my bags. I guess I could take the racks and fenders off and put on some narrow tires though. On that note, if anyone knows where I could get my hands on a vintage GT Force or Tachyon (old school with the drop bars) send me an email.
- my_bicycle_saved_me, 2013-02-02 11:56:03
- Yeah I am interested to do BAK some year. I have a very tentative thought to make it a goal to do one of the official “across the state rides” per year, although I really haven’t made it an official goal yet.
Note: This is an archived copy of an old forum thread, maintained for posterity. For the latest discussions, check out our new forums!