- my_bicycle_saved_me, 2013-03-15 10:42:06
- Just thought I’d share for the folks that are curious but haven’t yet gotten onto the trail since our huge snows and rainfall.
Yesterday I rode from Ottawa to Princeton & back. Conditions on the trail are surprisingly good within that stretch. Trail is still a little bit soft, and damp, but not as bad as I feared. Some kind of equipment has gone through and bladed the surface relatively smooth (relatively being the key word, of course), although it seemed to me (might be mistaken on this point) that it was less so in the 1-2 miles immediately north of Princeton. Not certain if this blading/smoothing has reached that far south or further.
As I write this it’s Friday and supposed to reach ~80 degrees today, so I’m sure the trail will be very rideable this evening and beyond, pending the next major rainfall or snowfall of course!
- JD_Shawnee, 2013-03-17 09:50:37
- Have started outdoor training for it. Humboldt is the goal this year. 🙂
- Figs, 2013-04-02 01:47:21
- I am planning my first ride on PST next Tuesday. I have just gotten back into bicycling recently and got to ride a bit of the Katy last October.
I think we are going to try to do Ottawa to Garnett and back, so if anyone wants to join us, we should be at the trailhead at about 9 AM Tuesday. If conditions are right!
Note: This is an archived copy of an old forum thread, maintained for posterity. For the latest discussions, check out our new forums!