- JD_Shawnee, 2011-09-17 10:37:17
- 9/14&16. Finished my two separate-day ride of the PSRT yesterday (72 & 32-miles w/short turnabouts, side-trips, and a lunch in Garnett). The shorter ride Friday gave me more time to enjoy the early-fall country settings. Super!
The trails surface is firm. The department has done a great job of 1) filling its cracks, 2) posting surface-change advisories at the trailheads, and 3) fencing off the damaged bridge in Iola. I took the shorter detour there (west on Oregon Rd, and then south on State Ave), which went well. These roads are wide and easy to ride.
The cool north winds were challenging both times, but seeing the corridor filled with gobs of late foliage made it worthwhile. I’ll need a season pass next year to cut my expenses. 🙂
- Timon of Athens, 2011-09-19 07:15:50
- Sounds like a great trip.
Real life is keeping me away from the trail right now, but is good to hear that it’s in good shape.
I am still hoping for a century attempt before snow hits the ground.
- JD_Shawnee, 2011-09-20 08:15:14
- Yeah, it was great. The corridor was much more lush than I expected it to be. Apparently, the summer heat affected only the trail’s surface.
Good luck on your proposed ride. The cooler weather is a huge bonus.
Note: This is an archived copy of an old forum thread, maintained for posterity. For the latest discussions, check out our new forums!