- Wolvescoach, 2010-09-14 08:56:24
- Rode the trail on 9/6/10 from the Ottawa trailhead to Richmond and back. Can anyone tell me why the water fountains at both Ottawa and Princeton do not work? Is the water turned off to both those sites?
- Timon of Athens, 2010-09-15 08:30:23
- I noticed both of these back in June. At Richmond you can get water in the sink in the bathroom, but at Ottawa it would be really nice to either 1) Fill up your bottles before heading out or 2) Have a nice long cold drink after a hot ride.
In most of trailmanager Trent’s latest postings, he seems to talk a lot about cutbacks in manhours that are available to work on the trail.
- jcover, 2010-09-16 16:32:21
- These freeze-proof fountains require a slightly different technique to turn on. Press in on the buttons and hold for at least 10 seconds. The Princeton fountain required both of my thumbs to activate.
Note: This is an archived copy of an old forum thread, maintained for posterity. For the latest discussions, check out our new forums!